Phone: +34 931 125 423
Join My LinkedIn Network
ALEXANDRU LAZAR (PARTNER)
ALEXANDRU LAZAR (PARTNER)
Alexandru´s activity particularly focuses on Corporate Compliance, M&A, Corporate, Contractual and Commercial Law, but throughout the years I’ve specialized in the following practices:
- Advice in M&A operations
- Advice in operations developed in cross-country jurisdictions
- Joint ventures, disputes between shareholders, financial and corporate restructuration
- Advice in private equity operations
- Advice in relation to CSR
- Advice, design and implementation of Corporate Compliance programs;
- Advice in relation to E-Commerce
- Advice in Fashion Law and Sports Law
- Advice in pre-bankruptcy proceedings and acquisitions of productive units in bankruptcy process
- Advice in national and international contractual relations
- Advice in the process of internationalization of the Company
Due to his high connection to the business ecosystem of Central and Eastern Europe, Alexandru has been appointed immediately after his incorporation as Director of the Central East European Desk. Additionally, he is the Director of the Corporate Compliance Department and of the Desk on Balearic Islands.
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- May 2010, 1st prize at the Fiscal Law category, at the second Edition of the International Law Prize ISDE-IABA (Inter-American Bar Association), being the youngest winner (25 at the time).
- June 2014, 1st prize for International Private Law category, at the sixth Edition of the ISDE Prize.
- January 2016, the ‘Mihai Eminescu’ excellency in Business Law prize, granted by Occidentul Romanesc magazine.
- October 2017, Premio del Jurado Asociación Española de Escuelas de Negocios.
- February 2018, Medalla de Oro al Mérito en el Trabajo, Asociación Española de Economía y Competitividad.
- May 2018, the excellency prize, granted by Occidentul Romanesc magazine.
- October 2018, included in Top 100 best Romanian professionals abroad all World Wide, granted by Repatriot.
- Published several articles in specialty magazines in Spain and Romania.
- Co-authored the Spanish Chapter of the International Law handbook ‘International Joint Ventures’ with Dennis Campbell (Director at Center for International Legal Studies, Austria).
- Also is the founder of the legal blog Legal Outside The Box: www.legaloutsidethebox.com
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC MEMBERSHIPS
- Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona ICAB- (Barcelona Bar Association) from 2009
- Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Islas Baleares (Balearic Islands Bar Association) from 2019
- Member of the Club Español de Arbitraje- Founder of the Romanian Chapter
- Lecturer at the Law School of Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona
- Academic Co-Director of the Course in Fashion Law and Design -Moda y Lujo: Derecho, Empresa y Marketing- by ISDE and IED
- Academic Director of the LLM in Corporate Compliance by EIS (Economist Innovative School)
- Co-coordinator of the Course ”Regulatory Compliance and U.S. Law” (1st Ed. March 2018 and 2nd Ed. March 2019) at Fordham
University in collaboration with EIS
- Member of the Spanish Royal Academy of Case Law and Law, as Associated Collaborator (Real Academia Academia de
Jurisprudencia y Legislación, Colaborador Asociado)
- Law studies at the University of Granada in Spain
- Master in International Business Law by I.S.D.E.
- Master in International Law, Foreign Commerce and International Relations by I.S.D.E.
- Master in Legal Research by E.S.A.D.E.
- PhDC in General Principles of Law, Economic Law and Business Law at ESADE Barcelona, ICADE and DEUSTO.